Wednesday 6 January 2016

The beginning of something new

The cloud of Christmas and New Years Eve has lifted. The fog of celebration has cleared giving me more clarity for the future. The cheese has been eaten, the last Mr Kipling mince pie scoffed and only a few pine needles remain to remind me of the festive season. Thank goodness. Such a mountain to climb at the end of the year - and now finally, I can see the view.

It's time to change. I mean really change. We have pondered on it for years. Either a big trip to exotic locations or maybe move abroad, to see if we like it.

Sussex is nice, it has served me well through the 8 years we have been here. It has provided my toddlers with forests and rock pools, with play groups and friends, Sussex has safely cosseted us from the news, from the terror and abuse. It has been a pleasant place to raise young kids, while my head was mush and I whizzed their meals into slushy dinners.

Except they are nearly 10 and 7 now. Tweens almost. A is nearly ready to enter the world of the mobile phone and popular culture.

So while they still like us, and want to come - I think that 2016 will be a year of great change and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment