Tuesday 17 March 2015

Media floozy

When I was a kid, a very long time ago, I enjoyed writing off to magazines. I would send pictures of my pony, write letters to problem pages - the equine variety, enter competitions and write short stories. I loved the thrill of buying the next magazine and seeing if I had made print. I even won £10 once for voicing my opinion on gymkhanas, I know -  and that was a lot of money all those years ago.

It seems I have had a run of equestrian magazine success again of late. My childish self has sent photos of Fletch with little stories of our success and failures to magazines asking for readers input. Come on, it was the only way I was ever going to be published in the Horse and Hound. 



                 

And Local Rider magazine - Local Rider being the whole of the South East, not just my village.


But the best most exciting piece of news so far, is that Freddie the Shetland, the little pony that the children ride, is going to be a super-star. I entered him into a competition to be the mascot of Forelock Books...and he WON! Freddie is to have his very own photo shoot, the girls won a full set of books and he is going to be in various magazines. 


It's made my week - and the girls - as we sit on the sofa full of chest, sinus and ear infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment