And having inhaled nice and deeply, my shoulders have dropped and I am ready to be positive about our harshest, shortest month. So here goes, the things I like about February:
- All my family's birthdays fall in February. My mum's, dad's, sister's, daughter number one and a niece.
- Snowdrops. And wood anemones.
- It's grim but over quickly.
- The nights are really getting longer - we can bike ride after school, or hike over the fields in wellies.
- Log fires.
- Stews, casseroles, pies and roasts. Although I start to yearn for steamed fish and salad about now.
- Seed buying and vegetable plotting - high allotment hopes this year.
- Half term.
- Fortieth birthday planning.
I can't think of a tenth reason to like February.