Tuesday 7 January 2014

The first week of January

The seventh of January already, well into the New Year and only a few pine needles remain in the house reminding me of the recent festive season. The corner where the Christmas tree stood is comfortably bare, I was glad to see it finally disappear, feeling only a little sad that it took eight years to grow for two weeks of celebration. 

We had a little hint of sunshine in amidst all the flooding. Time to ride ponies and run to the sea. Emergency fun in between imprisonment indoors.




The rain, the storms, the floods and back to school have made this an uneventful sort of week. I bought some shoes in the sales, and a shirt which he doesn't like, the kids can't remember what they had for Christmas, the fish has some new weeds in his tank - and I haven't had an alcoholic drink for 7 days - first time since I was pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment