If dry January wasn't bad enough (I'm not doing that again), I have now been prescribed two lots of antibiotics for an infected wisdom tooth. So that's no booze for another five days, and over a weekend too. An x-ray of the tooth showed decay, I could have told the dentist that but I kept quiet willing the hole to close up, which means I have to go to hospital to have it taken out. Shite, pants, bollocks - I've never been to hospital, other than to have a couple of kids, or had a general anaesthetic. It's just the kind of news to cheer you up in the worst month of all. Oh February you beast of a month you.
So here is a list of 10 things I am looking forward to this month now I have the moaning out of the way:
1. Taking Fletch, the ginger ninja, to an indoor cross country event tomorrow
2. A's 9th birthday
3. Starting a new antenatal course - I love meeting new parents-to-be
4. Seeing my Mum the week after next in Somerset
5. Flying to Cornwall to a friends 50th party. Decadence.
6. Trying clay pigeon shooting for the first time
7. Treating my sister to a lovely birthday weekend
8. Some real snow
9. The riding club AGM
10. Being with my children over half term
Happy February everyone!