Monday 24 September 2012

Yes, I'll marry you my babs!

This was read out at our wedding, happy anniversary to us, 8 years today.

It was adapted from a Pam Ayres poem, written by Tone the Bone

Yes, I'll marry you my babs

Yes, I'll marry you, my Babs
And here's the reason why;
So I can push you out of bed
When the baby starts to cry,
And if we hear a knocking
And it's creepy and it's late,
I'll hand you the torch you see,
And you investigate.

Yes, I'll marry you, my babs,
You may not apprehend it,
But when the tumble-drier goes
It's you that has to mend it.
You have to face the neighbour
Should our labrador attack him
And if a drunkard fondles me
It's you that has to whack him.

Yes, I'll marry you my Blah,
Course you'll have to earn some money
Cos I'll want at least 2 horses
And they're dear, it's so not funny.
Plus that yummy little dinner
Which you served by candlelight,
As I only do organic,
You can cook it very night!

Yes, I'll marry you, my babs,
Even if you are from The Smoke,
And you are a little geeky,
But I loves you, you're my bloke,
I do see great advantages,
But none of them for you,
So before you see the light,
I do, I do, I do!


Well. Erm. Some of that is true. I'll leave it up to you to decide what!




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, thanks Hertfordshire Mummy. I'm not a demanding person at all though, or have a Labrador...!

    ReplyDelete